These demonstrations are presented to aid people who teach science. Although many safety considerations are presented in the demonstration write-ups, there are several safety concerns which are not presented. Proceed with the demonstrations at your own risk and the manager of this site or the groups associated with these demos can not be held responsible for any injury or damage caused.
These demos were developed in connection with two outreach groups:
- Penn State’s Science Lions
- Michigan State’s Science Theatre
Draft of Making Medicines Demonstrations – link
Who Broke the Cookie Jar? – Forensics
- DNA Fingerprint Demo
- Footprint Demo
- Forensics Posters
- Suspects Printout
- Forensics Blood Demo w/o blood
- Fingerprinting Demo
- High School Student Forensics Show (Murder)
Comparative Biology: Games to look across species for different biological systems
- Digestive System poster
- Circulatory System
- Comparative Locomotion
- Muscular System Poster
- Pieces for Skeletal System Game
- Gamecards for Skeletal game
- Gameboard for Skeletal Game
pH Demonstrations: Hands on acid and base demos
- Red Cabbage pH Scale
- Red cabbage pH indicator can be made by putting red cabbage in a blender or food processor with water and then straining to isolate the water. It can also be made by boiling. Generally, foods are acidic and cleansers basic. So kids can test a variety of lquid foods (e.g., lemon/lime soda, lemonade) and cleansers (e.g. laundry detergent, 409).
- Acids and base poster
Endangered Species Game: Turns Jenga! into a game about Species and their interdependence.
Phase Show: Solid, Liquid, Gas…Matter is a BLAST!
- Energy Show Script
- Endothermic reaction
- Dry ice snake
- Temperature Poster
- Sublimation poster
- Liquid Nitrogen Banana
Chemical Energy: How kinetic and potential energy is used in chemical reations.